ServiceCorps is an 8-week summer service and leadership development program for Coatesville youth between the ages of 14-18. Youth participants gain invaluable work experience, opportunities to serve and connect with their community, develop life and leadership skills, and earn a summer income.
CYI ServiceCorps provides substantial benefits for program participants AND the greater community! The 2017 ServiceCorps will:
- INSPIRE YOU and show you how to become a responsible and contributing citizen
- CHALLENGE YOU to set personal goals and focus on positive growth
- EMPOWER YOU to make a difference in your community by providing assistance to community organizations
- STERNGTHEN YOUR LIFE, leadership and work-readiness skills to prepare you for future employment
- PROVIDE AN OPPORTUNITY to collaborate with others and embrace diversity at all levels
Youth applications will be available on Monday, February 13, 2017 and can be found online, with school Guidance Counselors or by visiting the CYI offices.
Who can apply for 2017? Applicants must:
* Be between 14-18 years old as of June 19, 2017
* Be a Coatesville Area School District resident
* Be eligible to work in the U.S.
* Have a valid social security number
How are students selected?
The selection process is 3 rounds.
- Application – each application is reviewed and scored by multiple staff members.
- Interview – some of the applicants will move on to the interview round.
- Mock resource day – after the interview round, some of those applicants will be invited to a mock resource-day (leadership development day).
We will then select our final 40.
Download the most recent ServiceCorps 2016 Program article.