ServiceCorps is an 8-week summer service and leadership development program for Coatesville youth between the ages of 14-18. Youth participants gain invaluable work experience, opportunities to serve and connect with their community, develop life and leadership skills, and earn a summer income.
CYI ServiceCorps provides substantial benefits for program participants AND the greater community! ServiceCorps will:
- INSPIRE YOU and show you how to become a responsible and contributing citizen
- CHALLENGE YOU to set personal goals and focus on positive growth
- EMPOWER YOU to make a difference in your community by providing assistance to community organizations
- STERNGTHEN YOUR LIFE, leadership and work-readiness skills to prepare you for future employment
- PROVIDE AN OPPORTUNITY to collaborate with others and embrace diversity at all levels
Who can apply for 2018? Applicants must:
* Be between 14-18 years old as of June 18, 2018
* Be a Coatesville Area School District resident
* Be eligible to work in the U.S.
* Have a valid social security number
How are students selected?
The selection process is 3 rounds.
- Application – each application is reviewed and scored by multiple staff members.
- Interview – some of the applicants will move on to the interview round.
- Mock resource day – after the interview round, some of those applicants will be invited to a mock resource-day (leadership development day).
We will then select our final 40.
Download the most recent ServiceCorps 2016 Program article.